Domino (top) & Dash

Domino (top) & Dash

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Domino's Full Of It by Dash, the Toy Poodle


Mother ‘s friend, Nancy, often comes to visit Mother at our home.  They usually sit outside by the pool and spend the entire afternoon doing absolutely nothing with each other, as far as I can tell.  But my poodle brother Domino says they’re talking and he likes listening.  He usually homes in on them for scratches, knowing he’s going to get a good, long stretch of time out of it.  Nice move.

On Nancy's last visit, I complimented Domino on this clever maneuver.  His response was to tell me that I know nothing about “the value of communication.”  But really, how anyone can spend hours in conversation with another is TOTALLY beyond me. What there is to say after the first “how ya’ doin?” I wouldn’t know.  Domino insists that this is the difference between us; he claims I have no manners, curiosity or need for connection with others.


Dash

To all this I can only say: “Excuse me, dear brother. I'd be most grateful for your opinion about something when you have a free moment:  Over all these many years that we’ve lived together I’ve often wondered, HOW on God’s green earth can we possibly be related?  Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings with me on this subject."

Please read my other blog:  http://srxq.blogspot.com/http://srxq.blogspot.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment